We at Basic Income Week (BIW) respect, value and protect personal data of all individuals who interact with us. On this page, you will find detailed information about what data we might acquire about you and how we handle your data.
Our guiding principles for dealing with personal data are:
- We do not collect more data than absolutely necessary for any given purpose.
- We only use data for the purpose it was collected for.
- We do not disclose your data to third parties.
- We keep track of all processes through which we acquire personal data.
- If you want to know, we can inform you about what kind of data we store about you at any time.
- Upon your request, we will delete personal information we have collected about you.
- All staff and volunteers at BIW who have access to your data understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure at all times and are required to sign a Data Confidentiality Agreement with UBIE.ORG
We make sure that appropriate physical, technical and human controls are in place to ensure we take good care of your information. However, we would like to point out that while we do our best to protect your privacy, BIW cannot guarantee 100% security of information shared with us over the internet. Some ways of online data exchange – such as unencrypted e-mails – are always at some risk of being intercepted by third parties without your or our knowledge. Therefore whenever you transmit information to us, you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we make every effort to try to ensure its security on our systems.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our websites and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.