If you have an event in your region, please use the event-form to send it in:
At the moment, there are 3 each one worldwide synchronized Basic Income Week actions and projects:
- until Sunday 22nd September 2019 “Basic Income Week Campaign”:
overlay your Facebook profile picture www.facebook.com/BasicIncomeWeek/posts/995055477506728/ or direct www.facebook.com/profilepicframes/?selected_overlay_id=666500437198081
- at Friday 20th September 2019 “2nd International Basic Income Beer – [City/Location]”:
Since 2018 a worldwide synchronized regular table every year on the Friday evening of the International Basic Income Week where the local basic income groups meet in as many places as possible worldwide in a relaxed atmosphere for food & drink in cafes, bars, pubs, restaurants, etc. to exchange, network and at the same time on the topic basic income Interested local information materials/flyer and give speech & answer.
This can be done from small mini basic income regular table in small villages with 3 people and a simple sign up to large basic income regular table (as a small mini basic income fair) with information tables, speeches, presentations, free food & drinks, live Music/Band, Social Media Greetings, Live Switch to basic income regular tables in other cities and countries.
It is also a good time to reactivate or re-establish basic income initiatives through basic income regular tables!
(Possibly change/translate the title in your language e.g. german “2. Internationaler BGE-Stammtisch – [Stadt/Region]”.)
Berlin (Germany), “2. Internationaler BGE-Stammtisch – Berlin” www.facebook.com/events/727312807612798/ or www.grundeinkommenberlin.wordpress.com/infos/#2
- at Saturday 26st September 2019 “Basic Income March – [City/Location]”:
“The Basic Income March, led by Basic Income NYC, is set for September 26, 2019. It might be accompanied by Basic Income Marches in other cities on the same day.” www.basicincome.org/news/2019/07/a-march-for-basic-income-will-take-place-in-new-york-city-september-21-2019/
due to time organizing the date is moved forward to 26thseptember, next your we hope to have a sychronized event within Basic Income Week
New York City (USA), www.facebook.com/events/2475965342623015/ or www.facebook.com/BasicIncomeMarch/ or www.basicincomemarch.com
Please simple set-up Facebook page Basic Income Week as co-host to your Facebook event and we will see and add your event to our Facebook page and list over here. https://www.facebook.com/events/310298613181576
BASIC INCOME AND THE EURO-DIVIDEND AS SOCIOPOLITICAL
PILLARS OF THE EU AND ITS MEMBER COUNTRIES
Interdisciplinary Conference at the University of Freiburg, Germany October 11-12, 2018
In Europe, the public debate about a universal basic income (UBI) is usually a national one. In
recent years a European version of a UBI has attracted more and more attention – primarily pushed
by the suggestion of Philippe Van Parijs titled a “Euro-Dividend”.
This conference aims to shed light at pros and cons of a EU wide UBI regulation and its relation to
national approaches from an interdisciplinary perspective. Both UBI approaches shall be analysed
and discussed with respect to justice, economic and migration effects, legal aspects, creation of
solidarity in the EU, and political viability. On the first day, the conference will address general
issues about UBI while the schedule of the second day contains EU-related concepts just like the
CALL FOR PAPERS
We invite papers from Philosophy, Sociology, Political Science, Law, and Economics and even
Technical Sciences addressing one or more of the following topics:
- UBI and arguments of freedom, solidarity, social and gender justice
- Changing time allocation and shifting time sovereignty, voluntarism and creativity
- Legal aspects of UBI
- Experiments and microsimulations on UBI’s level and impact
- UBI in the digital age / Robots, AI, Labor, and the Welfare State
- The European Pillar of Social Rights, UBI, and Euro-Dividend: Creating European Solidarity
- Financial feasibility of a UBI and financing concepts of a Euro-Dividend
- EU labour market effects and migration (on international level and within the EU)
Please send title and abstract of about one-page in length by June 11th, 2018, to
[email protected] Participants will be informed about the acceptance of
their papers by July 2nd.
- Olli Kangas (Kela, Finland)
- Philippe Van Parijs (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Antje Schrupp (freelance journalist)
- Mancolm Torry (London School of Economics)
- Sascha Liebermann (Alanus University, Alfter)
- Bernhard Neumärker (University of Freiburg)
- In cooperation with: Frankreichzentrum, Freiburg
Organized by the Department of Economic Policy and Constitutional Economic Theory we aim to gather relevant leading researchers and thinkers in Europe to discuss an EU wide approach of a basic income.
If you have any questions Max Trommsdorff glad to assist you.
/Max Trommsdorff M. Sc. in Economics and Politics/
/University of Freiburg/
/Department of Economic Policy & Constitutional Economic Theory/
/Room 2303, KG II/
New Yorkers are organizing a march for Basic Income. Everyone who can get there is invited to join.